NISM’s certification examinations are broken down into nineteen “series” or modules, with a few extra exams thrown in for good measure. While most of these are required for professionals interested in working at SEBI or as market intermediaries, others are optional and designed to keep learners up to date on the way various segments of the stock market operate.
NISM credentials are valid for three years, after which they can be re-validated by attending a one-day (CPE) or Continuing Professional Education session, after which the certification is renewed for another three years.
However, based on changes in the syllabus and other considerations, NISM may require that the exam be retaken.
How to determine which NISM certification is ideal for me?
Multiple subjects are divided into modules, each of which may have one or two sub-modules.
On NISM’s official website, a complete list of subjects can be obtained and information on the exam’s purpose and the knowledge it will provide to the test-takers.
Besides, one will also get detailed information about the NISM Study Material they need to follow to prepare for the NISM Exam.
Exams for NISM certification include the following advantages:
- Anyone, regardless of their academic or professional background, can take the NISM Exam. With these credentials, it is simple to start a professional career in the stock market.
- These examinations are flexible and self-paced in that they can be taken at any time throughout the year.
- Because SEBI backs the examinations and the institution, it is accepted by all Indian financial institutions.
- The NISM institute provides adequate NISM Study Materialto test to assist the participants in preparing for and passing the exam.
- These certificates are a great way to boost your resume’s value. In addition, they can prepare a test taker for personal investing and trading and positions in wealth management, capital management, economics, and other related professions.
- NISM courses are less expensive when compared to other finance professional courses. The registration price ranges from 1500 to 3000 INR.
What factors should you consider while selecting a NISM certificate?
The test-takers objective will determine this question’s response.
With these courses, one can simply start a professional career in the stock market as an equity dealer or a mutual fund selling agent.
For example, the NISM Series V-A, or the Certification Examination for Mutual Fund Distributors, is required for anyone who wishes to pursue a mutual fund sales and distribution profession.
However, by combining NISM courses with other professional courses to gain a competitive advantage in the market, one can get themselves ready for higher and more sophisticated responsibilities in the financial sector. A CFA, MBA in Finance, and other courses are a few examples.
As we’ve seen throughout this blog, NISM offers a wide range of tests, each of which can assist a student in learning about various aspects of the stock market and developing a stock market career path.
Tip: Candidates are always advised to take as many NISM Mock Test before appearing for the exam. These NISM Mock Tests sets you up in the right way so that you are prepared to face the real-time exam situation.
NISM certifications are an essential first step toward a successful profession in the stock markets, and they come with several advantages.